Monday, August 24, 2009
Asher has a new bed! We've begun the attempted migration:
* Sleeping with foster mother for months
* Sleeping with Alison the last 2 weeks
* Sleeping in a toddler bed next to our bed (began last night)
* Sleeping in a toddler bed across the room (in a few weeks?)
* Sleeping in Dallas' room (in a few months?)
For now this remains key issue #1: getting him to sleep more! And further from us! But we'll settle for the first for now.
More pics attached:
* playing with a "hat"
* playing with sisters
* Siblings in Chinese attire
* flying in Super Pop's arms
* walking in yard
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
We're still in Guangzhou. The famous baby hotel (The White Swan)...on an island on the Pearl River. Great spot. Lots of comforts for us Westerners. 4 great days of bonding here. Gone swimming 3 times. Lots of restaurants (Asher takes an hour to eat...so he doesn't really rush our meals). Times with the other families. Its been great.
Slightly harder day for Asher today (rough sleep last night, bad naps, longer crying at bed). But he's still doing great. And he was a ton of fun with Nathan and Lori - his first visitors / family to meet him.
We go onto Hong Kong tomorrow night for 2 nights there...and then catch a quick flight to chicago and another to Pittsburgh.